This is our last full day of our Benedictine Renewal Program! It seems like it has gone by very fast and I've appreciated it very much. I am thankful for all who, in various ways, have helped to make this trip to Europe possible and more enjoyable for me!
Yesterday we had a very meaningful day with Sr. Karen Joseph giving us presentations called, "To Be a Benedictine: To Be a Blessing." Our Mass was very beautiful with Fr. James Leachman, OSB, from St. Anselmo celebrating. Two other Benedictine monks joined us. Yesterday evening we had an agape service, followed by a wonderful meal, with our three pilgrim guides, Sisters Marcia, Karen and Kym, serving us.
Today we are having some time of reflection and sharing and are preparing to leave. This evening we'll have a picnic. During it we will present our pilgrim guides with a surprise present of gratitude and thank the Tutzing Sisters with whom w've stayed. Also, during our evening gathering some of us are also involved in a surprise, fun little skit to summarize our time together.
I have really appreciated each Sister here and hope that I will be able to see at least some of them again, including the Tutzing Sisters. Maybe some of them will come to visit us in Spokane and/or St. Gertrude's!
Tomorrow I will leave with the first three of us, at 3:30 A.M., to go to the airport! At 2:45 P.M. tomorrow I'll arrive at the Spokane airport!! What a time difference!!
Thank you for taking an interest in me, this trip, and this blog! I look forward to seeing all of you back in the States!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment